FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moxy Milan Malpensa Airport, Italy [Master Thread]
Old May 6, 2016, 2:13 pm
TeamCarryOn

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite
Just offering my review:

I stayed at the Moxy by Malpensa in April, completely out of necessity. It was Design Week in Milan and I hadn't booked anything early enough. For around 12,000 points per night or 62 euros, Moxy was a steal compared to the 500 euro per night rates in central Milan.

While the hotel itself is very stylish, and the rooms and bathrooms are as described in previous posts, think of this hotel is a sleeker-looking Ibis budget with a better bed and room size. I stayed in two different rooms and the WIFI internet did not work in either room, which was extremely disappointing. But I did spend time camping out in the comfy chairs in the lobby while using the internet; which was a more comfortable experience than one might think. Also, I agree that the grab and go food is over-priced. Being stuck near Malpensa with no other options for food or beverage, you are stuck with what they offer for your time there.

In terms of logistics and sight-seeing, being at the Moxy actually worked out better than I had hoped. I would walk across the road, and take a bus into Milan for 8 euros one-way. This bus drops you off at Centrale station, and they run every 20 minutes until 1am (maybe 2am). Getting back to Centrale, and back on the bus after a day and evening of hanging out in Milan, was no problem and worked out really well. So if you're doing Milan on a budget and are thinking about Moxy because of the low number of points required for a stay, then it can definitely work to your advantage. If you're big on nightlife and exploring the bar scene, then the buss schedule back to Malpensa may hamper you...unless you wait for it to start back up in the morning.