FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post
Old May 5, 2016, 9:53 pm
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Who requested thumbnail photos for ALL photos?

I see some discussion today about thumbnail photos on both the AA and Travel Photography forum. I'm specifically referring to those of us that post/link our photos from outside photo sites with full-size photos that fit within the real estate the FT screen provides. I link from Smugmug.

Are you just testing this out, or did "someone" make a decision that those of us that regularly post photos from sites hosted outside FT now have our work reduced to thumbnails?

I checked the Talk Board forum and don't see that they've requested this enhancement on behalf of users, nor do I see a discussion thread there about whether members want this feature. I hate thumbnails because it means you have to click individually on each photo to look at them one at a time. I've never posted a thumbnail photo in all the years of posting AA meal photos here.

On the AA forum it is not unusual to see 5-10 photos as part of series of meal photos on an international flight (Seoul, for instance, has three meal services, one including appetizers and dessert). If someone posts photos that are reduced to thumbnails, I'm quite worried that we'll see a reduction of sharing of photos from those that really do make a serious effort to share what I would call full-size photos.

What's going on?