FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here
Old May 5, 2016, 4:05 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I think you are mis-reading their chart. I just checked again and it clearly lists BKK to Pattaya 1200 for sedan...1500 for SUV...and 1800 for van.

I used them again just last month and as always, excellent service, vehicle in good condition, and driver was wide awake and drove sensibly.

If you prefer the bus, nothing wrong with that. But as a frequent visitor to Thaialnd, I am skeptical that bus is any safer then taxi sedan. Thai news reports feature rather spectacular bus crashes almost daily. And you still have the minivan drive to deal with.

But as they say...up to you.
OK, I see what you mean - the rates are not listed on the same line with the destination description which is displayed in a BLOCK style. So the Sedan price is shown above the destination description.

I will email them and see if they would reply me.

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I used Bell recently (Jan) and thought their service Bangkok-Pattaya was very good. The main bus to Pattaya was in reasonable condition, and on arrival in Pattaya North you stop at their depot and separate into smaller 10 person minivans. I was the fourth and last drop-off, and so took around 45 minutes. I was tempted to make my own way by taxi to the hotel but was under no time stress and I was interesting to see where other pax were being dropped off. On return golfing colleagues and I hired a private car (lady driver) for THB 1,500 - slightly over the going rate, but it was to 2 different drop points in Bangkok. She was very good, stopping as required for snack/coffee/restroom breaks and didn't speed.

There should easily be time on an F arrival to connect to their bus service, but always good to have a Plan B - such as having a phone that can text or email just in case you end up arriving late for some reason.

I presume the BKK-Pattaya 'run' is very set piece, and runs with low pax numbers.

Like others who either live in Thailand (or have done so), or pass through frequently, I've taken the gamut of transport options - and whilst you do what you can to minimise risk(s), there are never any guarantees...
Yes, minimizing the risks is our primary goal. Hence the bus service is preferred. We are hoping we can use BT. Once we are in BKK terminal we should know if we can make it or not. Can check the seat availability online if BKK has wifi.

Our hotel is Hilton Pattaya so hopefully we would be among the pax that get off on first stops once we are in the mini van transfer.

Last edited by Happy; May 5, 2016 at 4:15 pm