FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do deluxe hotels understand dietary restrictions?
Old May 4, 2016, 3:08 pm
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
who at aman? presumably any aman chef/manager/etc could arrange for recipes/menus to be sent to another aman. (there are posts discussing that kind of thing at aman.) thanks for the detailed post cadogan1!
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Don't think it requires them purchasing new items. All hotels have lots of new dishes/glassware in stock that they use as replacements for broken and lost items. I've never been refused when asking. Many hotels (Amanyara/Dorado Beach) even have dedicated pots and pans to cook for Kosher guests
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Doubt that that Aman will now purchase new items ..
Noticing some cost cutting happening , perhaps mandate from new owner and / or new non " Aman " grown being parachuted in as GMs / joining senior team . Of course there are exceptions .

Thankfully , Puri is honouring & remembering the dietary bits .

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
fresh juices (/smoothies/shakes/etc) are not unusual?
i thought coconuts fresh off the tree were interesting

in another thread >
Am not saying that new items need to be purchased . But that the Aman you were at will not be doing any purchasing if your stay was this year , for sure , as there is " cost cutting " happening ( something which didn't happen during AZ ' s days and GMs were empowered to go " beyond normal service expected " the then Aman way ) .

As mentioned , glad that they at Amans are still offering some flexibility menu wise .
Chefs are still given some leeway . Though noticed menus including Kila/ Nusa ' s have been somewhat pared down .
Fresh juices & smoothies are not unusual at Amans . e.g . My breakfast can include fresh coconut water ( presented in the chilled coconut ) along with - smoothie like yesterday's " ABC " . Changed my green apple to red , but left the beetroot & organic carrots as is .