FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here
Old May 4, 2016, 1:06 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
How much time between flights did you originally have for your transfer to HKG? If there is any plausible amount of time that you could leave airside (to meet a "friend"), then the TG buggy should take you to immigration if you ask them. If that is not plausible, then you can just ignore the person holding your name on a sign and walk by yourself to immigration.

You probably have enough time to make the Bell bus leaving at 1800 hours, assuming they have room for you. I have never used them, but they do have a good repuation.

But for 2 passengers, I would probably opt for a pre-arranged taxi. The Limo Pattaya has been a reliable choice for me - http://thelimopattaya.com/

1200 baht for the trip, tolls included. Not so on their site. Driver meets you at BKK with your name on a sign - drives directly to your hotel/destination. As opposed to Bell bus which takes you to a bus station, where you transfer to a shared mini-van for the trip to individual hotels.

For the price difference, the pre-arranged taxi makes a lot of sense. You also avoid any stress about trying to catch the last bus.
Not as what they say on their site. It is 1500 for an SUV and 2000 for a Sedan. dont know when did you pay that 1200 rate, must be years ago. http://thelimopattaya.com/rates/

I check Bell's website today for 05/05/16 departures - they have all 36 seats unbooked for the 18:00 departure. 34 for the one earlier. 24 to 26 for the remaining 3 depatures between 10 and 14:00. I understand its fare is twice as the 389 bus which could explain why locals and such would go for the 389 bus instead of Bell Travel.

As for the pick up service, read my post above. If a service does not email me back on the booking inquiry I cannot trust they will show up. There are other safety concerns as well, not to mention our principles of using public transport whenever we can, all over the world. Though I will email the outfit you suggest.

Last edited by Happy; May 4, 2016 at 1:16 pm