FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here
Old May 4, 2016, 11:21 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
How much time between flights did you originally have for your transfer to HKG? If there is any plausible amount of time that you could leave airside (to meet a "friend"), then the TG buggy should take you to immigration if you ask them. If that is not plausible, then you can just ignore the person holding your name on a sign and walk by yourself to immigration.

You probably have enough time to make the Bell bus leaving at 1800 hours, assuming they have room for you. I have never used them, but they do have a good repuation.

But for 2 passengers, I would probably opt for a pre-arranged taxi. The Limo Pattaya has been a reliable choice for me - http://thelimopattaya.com/

1200 baht for the trip, tolls included. Driver meets you at BKK with your name on a sign - drives directly to your hotel/destination. As opposed to Bell bus which takes you to a bus station, where you transfer to a shared mini-van for the trip to individual hotels.

For the price difference, the pre-arranged taxi makes a lot of sense. You also avoid any stress about trying to catch the last bus.