FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ultimate Upgrade Question thread
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2016, 10:16 pm
heartface

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
yes it looks decent from EF for sure.

however, unfortunately it also appears there is 1 seat for sale on the plane....meaning your chances are quite slim. Extremely low chance on a CDG flight there are any fewer than 5 DM+GO in J class, and perhaps 10 in EY. (DM is CX's OWE equivalent, GO is the OWS equivalent). I think those are minimum #s but it's likely to be even more. There are particularly large # of GOs out there and CDG is a relatively elite-heavy route. At this stage it's possible the entire plane is oversold.

In CX's op-up priority, both DM and GO are above OWE. Anyway, if you have the time it doesn't hurt, but I would probably keep your expectations in check.
No op-up. At check in they confirmed the flight was overbooked in EY and J but that they weren't upgrading OWE at the moment. Funnily enough I got the red light upon scanning my boarding pass at the gate, but this turned out to be because I had forgotten my luggage tags at check in.

That said, first time long haul on CX and I have to say they really look after elites.