FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Was this just bad service recovery? (Storms at CLT)
Old May 3, 2016, 4:34 pm
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by coswellnc
Well I don't know about DCA tonight but once again CLT is a mess.
Oh yes...I was flying JFK-CLT-RIC last night and the JFK-CLT flight was delayed from 7pm until 8pm, we pushed back early but then trundled over to besides 31L/13R and shut the engines down for a while, didn't get in to CLT until about 11.30pm. My CLT-RIC flight was pretty heavily delayed posting a 1.15am departure (from original 10.40pm)...I was in the AC until it closed at midnight and then sat by the gate on the floor and then in a wheelchair as all the seats were gone. 1.15am came and went with no signs of crew showing up although an FA did show, go onboard then leave about 40mins later. I waited until 2am when I gave up then called AA and rebooked onto the 12.45pm departure getting the last F seat. The first 20 hotels I called were all full and I eventually got a room at the Doubletree by the Panthers Stadium.

There were about 40 on standby for that flight today.