FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No AZ status miles bonus in F on AF flights?
Old May 3, 2016, 4:17 pm
alexmil

Programs: LH SEN, BA GOLD, AZ FRECCIA ALATA PLUS, AMEX PLATINUM
No AZ status miles bonus in F on AF flights?

Hello all
I've recently become an AZ Freccia Alata Plus member (Elite+) thanks to a status match promotion. Soon I'll be flying Milan to Shanghai on AF via CDG in F class.
I expected to receive tons of miles (both award and status) thanks to both status and F class bonuses. AZ website states:

-about status bonus for Freccia Alata plus:
"Earn 100% extra miles on flights operated by Alitalia, Etihad Airways or our SkyTeam Partners, thanks to our Exclusive Bonus"
-about F class bonus on AF:
in FIRST (P) "double the miles flown" for flights over 750 miles.

The website does not specify if these bonuses are both award and status, so I gave them a call to find out. She didn't sound very sure and put me on hold for a while before coming back with the terrible news: these bonuses don't apply for elite status, meaning in my case I'd fly F on one of their closest skyteam partner to get only 1x status miles, as if I flew on a non-discounted economy fare!

In total I would only earn less than 15K status miles (CDG-PVG o/w 5700, LIN-CDG 1000).
How could that be possible? Has any AZ member had similar experience on other Skyteam members in a premium class?

Surprisingly, if I switched to Flying Blue, according to their online calculator for the same itinerary I would get more than 50K level miles (more than a AF gold treshold with one round-trip tkt only). 15K vs 50K for the same route in the same alliance, this is quite confusing to me....