FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have Precheck-WTMD Beeped-Sent through Scanner-Issue with Wallet Security
Old May 2, 2016, 9:31 am
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
So, I was "randomized" and had to be scanned. Never happened before. Actually, I didn't realize they even did that.

My issue is that as a Precheck Person, I send my gear through the Xray and keep my wallet. Go through WTMD and am on my way. Now, I had to empty all of my pockets. That meant my stuff was well through the X-ray. My Wallet was in a doggie bowl by itself. Completely exposed while I went through a seperate lane for scanning. I am not paranoid, but this was not a comfortable situation. All worked out OK, but my wallet would have been VERY easy to grab.

Do I have the wrong attitude here?
It happened to me at ORD last week. I got the random beep at the WTMD. I asked about my wallet which I carry in my jacket inner breast pocket. A TSO told to keep it there. When I exited the scanner, another TSO patted down the pocket area and asked what was in there. I showed him the wallet. He told me I was good to go.