FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Y Class Upgrades Discontinued April 30th
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2016, 6:22 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
This is a bit of a long story. Route is PWM-ATL-MBJ. I already have two tickets in J booked the whole way for relatives and have been trying to book Mrs. JayTeaBee & I on the same flights. Needless to say the original deal I got is nowhere to be found and prices on these flights are out of control for any seat. Eventually I was able to snag two more tickets but Y fares on the domestic segments and J (Z fare business) for the international. Tickets were all same price. I jumped on the combo fare as I thought even with companion ,Y fares would have priority at the gate based on my status. Perhaps I was wrong. Although the one thing I could have done was split my pnr after booking and at least cleared myself into 1st immediately. Wanted to have best shot for both of us to be up front on domestic segs despite not being able to book directly in.
Could it be that you purchased a Z through fare, but for the domestic segments it books into G. If G wasn't available for FC seats, the computer put you into coach but gave you Y class coach inventory. Have you looked at the fare construction? Unless you forced the ticket this way, it would be strange for the computer to break the fare and give you such a high fare class on the domestic segments unless these flights are extremely full.