FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ctrip fully cancellable rates for hotels in Hong Kong
Old May 1, 2016, 1:53 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by christep
Eh, it says that "failure to check in..." will cause the guarantee not to be refunded. If/when you check in then the guarantee is refunded.

Seems pretty clear to me.
Have you actually used Ctrip before for this type of booking?

Is the refund automatically after hotel stay or you need to follow up with Ctrip?

It is the ACTUAL experiences I am seeking feedback, not mere interpretation on the language because we are dealing with China-based OTAs which in my book are not very trustworthy. Some of them even allow their rogue employees sell reward tickets from fraudulently obtained miles to unwary customers and that actually happened repeatedly. Or they overcharge and do not make refund. The Chinese OTAs dont seem to operate with standards and ethics in many cases.

Recent example of airlines cracking down on the Chinese OTAs

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/974427.shtml

Qunar is about as popular as Ctrip. Only difference is Ctrip has IPOed in US market.

Hence I hope anyone who has ACTUALLY used Ctrip for cancellable hotel booking could provide Real Life Feedback.

With Booking.com you dont have any issue booking cancellable, payable at hotel, booking. Not even an authorization.

If you fully trust the words from China-based OTAs then you are blessed.

Last edited by Happy; May 1, 2016 at 2:03 pm