FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best lounge in HKG for UA Travelers? (HKG UC closed for remodeling Spring 2016)
Old May 1, 2016, 10:04 am
BH62

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
I'm Explorer (2 paper passes a year) and going to UC for HKG-GUM/SGN entails a lot of backtrack walking because the airside train only goes one way (westward) while the 737s depart from north satellite concourse (501-510) which has buses leaving from the 15-19 area. It took me 10 min of fast walking to cover the 1 km, 5 min of waiting the bus to depart followed by the 3-min ride. I left at T-35 and barely met the T-15 deadline. You really have to be immediately ready when the club agent starts the sign-walking announcement at T-40.
And in the reverse direction? Flying SGN-HKG-SFO in a couple of weeks. Plenty of layover time at HKG for a SFO-HKG-SGN connection, but not so much layover for connecting to the SFO flight post-SGN-HKG leg on the return. Does that flight (UA 180) always land at 501/515 requiring a bus ride & getting to the 60-ish gates for the HKG-SFO flights. Presume that this connection would be all airside; is this the case?

Last edited by BH62; May 1, 2016 at 12:32 pm Reason: clarify