FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 5hr Connection in DXB
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2016, 9:11 am
eternaltransit

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Hi All,

Thanks for getting back to me on this one! I arrive into DXB at 20:35, flying Economy but am seated in the front section; I don't have a E Gate Card but do hold a British passport with a chip in, and so understand from that I am able to use them?

Thanks,

londonba2014
Upon your first visit to Dubai, you will need to register for the smart gates - the queue could be relatively long or short and can be equivalent to the "Fast Track" section. You can't use the same system as when you depart, so really I would go for the shortest queue (gates or desks) that you see.

FWIW, on a 2035 arrival into DXB, you will be at immigration at 2045-2100 and out either in 5 minutes or 20 minutes. You have plenty of time to go around Dubai (taxi or Uber from the airport), have dinner and drinks and be back for a 0300 flight. I do this quite often with similar timings (although I have e-gate) - and I don't run in airports Dinner reservations should be for 2130 or so if that's your thing.

I assume you are on EK414 departing 0215. I would aim to be back at the airport at around 0030, which is perfectly possible, considering it would take you 30 minutes max from anywhere (reasonable!) in Dubai at that time, given normal traffic conditions.