FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weighing carry-on baggage at CDG
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2016, 3:05 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by brunos
Naughty Orbitmic. You are trying to make me sound more Gaga than I am. As I stated in may post, that was "last year" and "That was before the change in policy". So that was at a time when the second bag was not allowed even for speedy boarders.
While I will shamefully admit that I have occasionally wondered if one or two FT posters were indeed "gaga" in my few years on it, you are most definitely not one of them!!!

Sorry about the confusion, as the second bag has been allowed for upfront/plus etc pax since February 2015, I'll admit that I had absolutely not realised that you meant pre-change of rules when you said 'last year'. Thanks for clarifying and sorry about the confusion, which I can promise was in good faith (even if it may very well make me come across as pretty thick! ).

And again, fully agree with your broader point that AF's (and many others') focus on weight seems absurd to me. Even without just looking at U2, BA, etc, onsidering US airlines' paranoia with court cases, I can't possibly imagine them maintaining their no-weight concept if there was any serious risk that heavy bags would result in a luggage compartment breaking and injuring a passenger who would undoubtedly be in a position to sue them for millions.