FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:39 pm
dat4life

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
I had a chance to stay at this property for a few nights a couple of weeks ago. I booked a room with my corporate rate and used a DSU to upgrade to a Regency Suite. I was assigned room 803, overlooking the Galleria, the Williams Tower, and downtown Houston in the distance.

To state the obvious, it's a beautiful brand new hotel. The Regency Suite was large and well laid out for the most part. However, that brings me to the biggest problem with the room. As others have noted with the standard room, there is no desk. Even stranger, there is a lack of easily accessible power outlets, given the fact it's a new hotel. I was able to drag the oversized coffee table to the sofa to work, but I had to move one of the sections of the sofa to reach an outlet for my laptop. Another (minor) annoyance is the shower. Though it's big enough for a party, there is just one tiny handheld shower held with poor water pressure.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. Staff was pleasant, especially the folks manning the club lounge. While evening offerings were meh (Sam's frozen appetizers), the breakfast spread was good with eggs, breakfast meats, oatmeal, and assorted pasties.