FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weighing carry-on baggage at CDG
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:57 pm
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic

But that's the thing as an "upfront" passenger, you are formally entitled to the second bag! It is the official rule that you can take it and there is no need to be ready to pack it into the larger one unless you stop buying those very nice seats!
Naughty Orbitmic. You are trying to make me sound more Gaga than I am. As I stated in may post, that was "last year" and "That was before the change in policy". So that was at a time when the second bag was not allowed even for speedy boarders.

Returning to the thread title, I find AF policy of focusing on weight (12kg) and enforcing it stupid relative to their European competitors. The problem of hand luggage is space in the overhead bin. I do not see how a weight limit solves it. When I travel in Europe, I usually carry a lot of papers in my bag and that is heavy. I do not wish to go through the major inconvenience of checking a bag. Maybe that's a way to generate more revenues or induce you to fly business. Maybe AF will soon ask heavier pax to pay an extra charge based on their body weight.

Last edited by brunos; Apr 30, 2016 at 6:16 pm