FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Retention Bonus Offers: June 2015-June 2019 [ALL cards]
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:30 pm
npf125

Originally Posted by Seaallu
Just called chase about my MileagePlus card. Asked for retention dept. Was told there is no retention dept. Is this correct? Spoke with cs about AF. Af due to hit on 5/10. Asked if a can be waived? Told no.
This was my experience also. The rep answering the general phone line said SHE was retention and would not transfer me. It is rare to get the fee waived on this card unless you have spent lots and lots of $$$ on it. You might consider ASKING for the downgrade to the 1 mile/$2 card which has no fee. One other point: what is your relationship with CHASE as your banking checking/savings account? The reason I ask is because I had a bank manager call the credit card division to get the Southwest Premier annual fee waived. The credit card division refused. But since I was a Premier Savings customer, the bank manager authorized a "Miscellaneous Credit" of $60 which appeared on my next bank statement. It offset most of the fee, and the balance of it was more than compensated by the 6,000 point anniversary bonus.