FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-leather light-weight brief advice
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:38 am
powerlifter

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by turnleftbrighteyes
Hilarious. You're not wrong, IsleOfMan! That especially applies to the boxier bags, and the ones with the buckles (e.g., the Empire Builder and the messenger bags). The ultralight fabric sometimes looks a bit like old-school Le Sportsacs, but a new ultralight fabric without the white grid is being rolled out to combat that.

I can't stand the aesthetics of RedOxx-- they remind me of the crummy bags sold by street vendors, although I know RedOxx makes good bags.

Briggs & Riley and Victorinox both, unfortunately, conjure a certain level of mid-manager despair to me. To my eyes, they're ugly, overdesigned, and heavy. Made for schlepping an 8 lb Dell laptop that runs Windows ME. I am likely not going to win friends around these parts saying that...

Filson makes laptop bags and zippered tote bags, which could be used for toting laptops. They're classics and indestructible; the problem is they (and by that I mean the canvas/bridle leather ones, not the nylon styles) are very heavy. The 24-hour tin briefcase might work-- the tin cloth is much lighter than the canvas models, although there is leather handles and detailing. I'd probably want a different strap, though, as I've never found any of Filson's to be comfortable.
I to have a Tom Bihn bag. That I carry when I don't need a suit. I carry an Everki backpack, and love it of course they have briefcases which are TSA friendly. I find it very well made and it slips over my handle of my roller board. I do have some Red Oxx accersories which are good for travel.