FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transport Minister urges airlines to stop separating parents, children
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:50 am
YXUhomebase

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
True. United you buy lowest economy and you still get to select your seat, just like it always has been. Southwest you don't get to and in fact you line up and can pay extra to be in the front of the line. A cash grab no doubt.

I wonder how much revenue AC receives from the advanced seat pricing. If tango appeals to low cost traveler I expect fewer would pay extra. And since they don't charge on international flights - why not? - and frequent flyers get it waived - you have to wonder how small an audience they are aiming for. Budget conscious, infrequent flyers within North America. Who are less likely to pay for something that in some many other venues like concerts, sports events, and even other airlines you get as part of the price - knowing where you are sitting when you buy.

Instead air canada is going for a cash grab and receives negative publicity, and potentially upset customers, and stressed flight attendants. Seems like it is the cost of the cash grab and AC views it is worth it I guess. I don't defend AC on this if they want the cash grab then deal with the fall out too.