FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transport Minister urges airlines to stop separating parents, children
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:51 pm
ACYYZ/SD

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Mauricio23
The reason LH relocates people all the time is that they couldn't care less about respecting seat assignments, not because of technology concerns. I have had seat assignments that kept my family together dishonoured when flying confirmed J on LH. I have had paid preferred seats dishonoured for no apparent reason. This is widely known, and one of the reasons why I don't fly them more often.

If there is no seating availability to accommodate a family according to legislated policy, then you do not sell tickets to the family. Or you dishonour seat assignments and deal with the consequences - see above for LH's take on this.
Or you simply continue to do what I and my colleagues have done for years. Accommodate. My basic mantra for any dissatisfied, distressed, or inconvenienced Customer remains -- "allow us the opportunity to rectify the situation". Seems to have worked reasonably well thus far.