FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transport Minister urges airlines to stop separating parents, children
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:45 pm
Mauricio23

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
And according to post #228 it also happens on LH - an airline known for its technical expertise and acumen as well as the vast majority of others.
The reason LH relocates people all the time is that they couldn't care less about respecting seat assignments, not because of technology concerns. I have had seat assignments that kept my family together dishonoured when flying confirmed J on LH. I have had paid preferred seats dishonoured for no apparent reason. This is widely known, and one of the reasons why I don't fly them more often.

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Imagine a family books the day before and because of patchy seating availability an existing Customer is involuntarily relocated to accommodate a legislated policy.
If there is no seating availability to accommodate a family according to legislated policy, then you do not sell tickets to the family. Or you dishonour seat assignments and deal with the consequences - see above for LH's take on this.