FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MileagePlus Gift Card Exchange - turning old gift cards into MP miles
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:00 am
Evenstar22

I know its a free program, but this is getting absurdly ridiculous....

Hiya!
I'm new to the miles game, and recently discovered some of uniteds incentives- gc's and mileage plus shopping (you may laugh at me, traveling for so many years and only just getting into it, but for a long time I thought it was credit based, and I am not a US citizen).

This all begins April 15.
First couple of cards enter fine. Then it all stalls, and my gc confirmations come through, but only 1/3 of the miles have credited. They also refuse a couple of my hotel cards, which is no big deal until I find out the balance on the most recent one was drained the same day I entered it into Uniteds system. Which they then refused and told me my balance was intact.

Tweeted at United 4 days ago, and every day I am promised an update, until they get back to me to let me know united mileage + team will be in touch.

Except they literally just emailed my husband back and told him it's not their responsibility, and to email the cardcash email. Which has been support ticketed by us 3 times now, and they have never responded.

I'm getting really sick of this, and started processing these 3 weeks before I wanted to book an award- 40k miles are in limbo, despite 5 day terms.

On top of that, magazines.com is doing everything they can not to honor my purchase.

What do I do, guys? The buck keeps getting passed, and I'm sick of this being blown out!

Thanks so much!