FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX F Day or Night Flight US-HKG
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:34 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by loopflyer
Again, what about the eye masks? The eye masks! I've been on plenty of flights and have never asked anyone sitting at the window to lower the shade. I simply put on the provided eye mask - the one in the amenity kit, or if on JAL regional they have them for the asking, ditto ANA et al.
I don't normally sleep with a bandana around my head at home. Do you?

I can sleep with an eye mask, but prefer not to.

Personally, I love the fact CX asks people to close them, so the general default condition of the cabin is dark. If you prefer the whole cabin to be blazing with light, you should just know that's generally not CX's style. And if it's really an issue you don't have to fly them. They're not going to change it for you. You have your opinion, and a bunch of us prefer it the other way. I love light but when I need to sleep, I prefer dark more. There are definitely times I wish the cabin was light on a day flight. But there are many, many more times I'm very thankful the cabin is dark. I fly them so much inevitably I get both experiences but I absolutely trend towards the "I prefer it dim" camp overall. So I'm okay with this...I know when I pay for CX J or F, I'm likely going to get a relatively dim cabin.

All CX is doing is ask folks to close them. You don't have to. If you can't handle even being asked, or will feel embarrassed as one of the few folks with a window open, then it's hard to say much more. I don't think it's a big deal. Some people open them. It's within your right sitting at the window seat.