FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX F Day or Night Flight US-HKG
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:31 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by loopflyer
Well, if I were to take the morning daytime departure I sure would hate it if the cabin crew asked all of the F pax to shut their blinds. I resent that - why not simply announce that the amenity kit contains an eye mask, and for those at the windows, they can always lower their blinds. I simply cannot stand it when during a daytime flight in J or F they 'force' the entire cabin to sit there as if in a bat cave! The other cynical reason is that the crew wants to lull folks into sleeping in order to lessen their workload. Again, what good is giving out eye masks?
It's not a conspiracy. They will definitely ask you to close it. You're allowed to say no.

The bottom line is a lot of guys flying CX J and F really like to sleep. That's why we book it in the first place. I'm in that camp. And a lot of pax at the window don't seem to care. How many times do you see guys sitting at the windows sound asleep.

I don't see any problem with CX asking people to close them, but ultimately the pax having final say. Personally, I love this policy. You can open the shades if you like, it's your entitlement. True, you may be the only pax in F with the windows open.