FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX F Day or Night Flight US-HKG
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:14 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by loopflyer
Am deciding on a daytime morning or a midnight departing flight on CX in F US-HKG. Any opinions on which might be better. This is a leisure trip, no rush or appointments. Thank you.
if your goal is to "maximize" and don't fly F too often, then I take this as a simple translation of "I don't want to sleep most of the time" to enjoy the big seat, snacks, drinks, and just be conscious of the F experience for as long as possible.

If you don't want to sleep most of the time, ergo you should take off in the morning/midday and get a lot of sleep the night before. That's the bottom line. Because if you takeoff at midnight, I suspect you're gonna be tired.

of course, a lot of this just depends on you knowing your own ability to sleep and sleep habits. For me, on ex-US red-eyes, I can sleep 10+ hours. They're usually at the end of hectic business trips and I am ready to crash. That's what F is for, for me. Basically sleeping most of the flight in F after a comfortable snack and perhaps a movie or TV show. I often skip breakfast entirely, sleeping until the "30 minutes until landing" announcement.

So everyone "maximizes" different, but my guess is if this is a new or rare experience for you, you'll want to be awake and alert for most of it. Hence, take off in the morning or midday.