FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please report your Star Alliance award redemption experiences
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:37 am
jackebofh

Originally Posted by Jma12
If you see something at savers award on UA/AP then it should be available. It seems like A3 has a glitch to book premium saver award. The example I provided above shows that other *A carrier might be blocking A3 to book the their ticket temporary.

If you tell the agent that it is bookable using other FFP miles, they will give you a call back within 12 hrs regarding to the flight. However, by that time the premium seat might be gone...
I know how it should work - i also know that it doesn't work the way it's supposed to, hence my post.

Another datapoint - A3 won't allow you to book an OJ as a return ticket. It has it's consequences (good and bad):

Bad:
- if your flight is more then 2 sectors, you'd have to get two separate tickets for travel there and return, hence double the 20 euro fee.

Good:
- If you're in a situation you're traveling from a city with two airports (think Tokyo for example), you can get away with redeeming half the miles booking OW ticket that goes like NRT-XXX-HND.