FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Almost walked" at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection - Miami Beach, FL
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:47 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by lsugolfer
Go check into hotel and they immediately tell me they're full and moving me down the street. Being knowledgeable about the Platinum walked compensation, I ask when I'll receive the $200 and 90,000 points.

FDC gets wide eyed and immediately finds a room for me.

Should I have just let them walk me and argued for the cash and points on the back end instead?
Sounds like they were looking for an easy mark, and that wasn't you! Someone arriving later probably got walked.

If you were out for compensation, then yes, not saying anything until it's done would have been the thing to do. But then likely it would have been a fight to get all that would have been due. Not sure it's worth it. I usually have a full agenda when travelling and being diverted to chasing payment is not on the list.

Being after the fact, I would publish your experience here and Trip Advisor naming the property and letting others know how they treat their guests so others might be more prepared.