FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please report your Star Alliance award redemption experiences
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:42 pm
Jma12

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jackebofh
Availability on A3 is a mystery in and of itself. It's not in line with ANYTHING. When i say anything i mean all the available online resources you could possibly use to verify the award space. While all other tools are more or less in line with each other (and by that i mean award space availability as seen by EF, KVS, ANA, UA website, AC website), A3 sees something different almost all the time.

Your best bet is to call them all the time you think of a routing that suits you. And then repeating it everyday till you get lucky or bored ;-)
If you see something at savers award on UA/AP then it should be available. It seems like A3 has a glitch to book premium saver award. The example I provided above shows that other *A carrier might be blocking A3 to book the their ticket temporary.

If you tell the agent that it is bookable using other FFP miles, they will give you a call back within 12 hrs regarding to the flight. However, by that time the premium seat might be gone...