FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going to Canada for the first time!
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:08 pm
vernonc

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
[QUOTE=mvtm;26538547]Wow guys thanks!! What a knowledge and great great tips i have stumbled with all of your delicate advice

Plans have progressed A LOT since i started the thread, and ever since i have added Mt Tremblant to also my places to visit. The schedule will look like this: Toronto-Niagara Falls-Thousands Islands-Ottawa-Mt Tremblant-Quebec-Montreal.

Upon arriving from Miami will stay the first 5 days exploring Toronto, while we wait for our tour to commence. I found an amazing tour booked through my tour operator in my country that will take us to all of these places, with all airport/hotel transfers included, transfer to each city, spanish speaking tour guide, hotel, breakfasts, boat trips in Niagara and Thousand Islands included along some other tix in Quebec and Montreal. They will take us to most major landmarks along free days to explore. Stays at Toronto,Ottawa, Mt Tremblant,Quebec and Montreal.

Bought the Toronto CityPass for the 3 of us and sent the booklets to our home. We will spend between the 12 and 17 in Toronto before starting the tour. So lots of time to explore. From the 18 to the 26 will be on a tour visiting all of these places. I guess in a particular van as the tour is custom arranged to us, so the stress on how to get between each cities, if to rent a car, where to park ... go train or take the bus is gone. We are also not limited in luggage and baggage handlers are included. The 26, last day we will take a YUL-YYZ flight on WestJet that i already purchased and connect later YYZ-MIA. I will stay for another month vacationing at Miami and then return in September to Caracas.

So far i don't have the first 6 nights in Toronto, these are on my own dime. I am looking in the $150ish range tops per night, for the 6 orphan nights , but i find myself liking hotels in the $150-200ish range. Either way, what i have done is contact the tour operator to see if they can find us a preferred rate, in the same hotel where the tour starts, so we don't have to be changing hotels and moving around. The predefined hotel for the tour start would be the Chelsea hotel at Toronto. I don't really mind about the hotels, as the price was good and while location is good,everything is great. How is that area?

Well all in all, this is so far what i have.[/QUOT

it is a good hotel and near a upscale area with a mall next door. Centrally located.