FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mom forced to give up gallons of breast milk at Heathrow
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:08 pm
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
It doesn't meet all the other criteria, that's the whole point. She had 200oz of liquid milk (vs. the 3.4oz per container limit, and ~32oz cumulative limit (one quart baggie), so that's definitely over the limit.

As for the 300oz of frozen milk, I don't see any specific references in the UK rules site, but TSA (in the US) regards anything that's liquid at room temperature as a liquid.
Please note that I said:

If it isn't a threat to aviation security and it conforms to other rules (size limits, etc), it should be allowed.
If completely frozen liquids are allowed, then 3.4 doesn't apply. If the solid substance does not violate any other rules (frozen in the shape of a gun, dangerous prohibited material, fails the swab test), then it will be confiscated.

If it meets those criteria, then it should not be denied just because someone thinks it's weird.

"Weird" does not equal "threat to aviation security".

It may look weird if I approach the checkpoint with a leadfoil hat on my head - and a suitcase full of lead foil hats. But if it all passes the swab test and manual exam and isn't seen as a potential weapon, I should be allowed to pass without further harassment.