FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worse room because it's priceline?
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2003, 11:18 pm
bhatnasx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Marysunshine:
I've booked once prior to this on priceline and the room was fine. But I've read several posts that implied that a Priceline reservation will get you a less desirable room. I am booked at the Renaissance Plantation FL and would like to know whether I will be treated as less than any other patron. Any information much appreciated.</font>
Unfortunately, often times, yes. As priceline is focused for people that are price-sensitive & not brand sensitive & most likely will not be repeat customers of that particular hotel, reservations managers & front office managers will generally block Priceline guests in the rooms that aren't as nice - not necessarily intentionally, but if the hotel is fairly full, there is little chance that you'll be getting the high-floor view room you've requested. A way to get around this, it to go ahead & call the hotel directly (ask for the front desk) & put in a request into your reservation - this will enter the request into their internal system & sometimes you'll get what you requested. I know that Ozstamps & Joh got a presidential suite at an 8.00 priceline rate and has been upgrade to conceirge or suites before. I stayed at the Portland Doubletree Downtown last week - got 3 rooms at 28/night/room & our smoking & bed-type requests were honored.