FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Formula 1, Friends and Food. Exploring Shanghai.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:50 am
Madone59

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mustang281man
Having a couple AMG's in the garage myself and bring a Hamilton/Rosberg fan this was an awesome trip report. I would love to be able to go behind the scenes sometime at a race. I had my AMG/Petronas Racing shirt on at the airport the day of the race and a flight attendant made a comment to me about liking the shirt. Thought that was pretty cool. Kind of mad because I'm going to be in Singapore the weekend after that race. Again, great report!
Thanks so much mustang281man. Getting into the garage was an awesome treat, and I recommend any F1 fan do whatever they can to get in there some time. I'm glad you enjoyed!

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Death by laughter, I have no words.

Originally Posted by DanielW
Looks like an awesome trip across the Pacific to Shanghai, Madone59. Always fun to meet up with fellow FT'ers too.

The Formula 1 must have been an experience, and the tasty Xiaolongbao at Din Tai Fung. They recently opened a DTF in Dubai and I am a bit of a fan already.
Thank you DanielW ^ It was awesome indeed. Enjoy DTF!!

Originally Posted by farbster
China is amazing. What's interesting about Pudong side in my opinion is that not that many years ago it was a farmland, wharfs and warehouses.
China is moving so fast, I'm sure I won't recognize Shanghai if and when i return.

Originally Posted by 31dany
Great TR, thanks for sharing!
Originally Posted by wbg MM+ Roc
Great photos ^
Thank you.

Originally Posted by moondog
That was Kaiba.
The other places we went to were:
-Dintaifeng in Xintiandi (already noted)
-T8 in Xintiandi
*note: while T8 is hailed as a high end restaurant, I find the food to be a let down. However, the bar area is pretty nice
Yes, Kaiba was quite Tasty - thanks for the reminder. T8 had a really cool bar, had I been awake I would have stayed longer.

The last installment is coming tomorrow.