FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Potential damage not caused by me... Amex dmg protection?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:01 am
DarkR166

Potential damage not caused by me... Amex dmg protection?

Hey guys, long time lurker but have an issue maybe this forum can address:

I rented a car with Avis for work for the week. I'm a preferred member so I had a car assigned to me which I ended up exchanging. The SUV I changed too ended up being to big so I turned back around to change it again. This time I was in a rush and asked for whatever is available that wasn't a car and ended up with a Ford f150 which already had the keys in the car in the exchange lane so all I had to do was go.

It wasn't til I arrived at a gas station to use the bathroom that I noticed there was some kind of damage to the plastic part of the trucks front bumper. I didn't notice it upon picking up because the agent didn't walk me around to look and I was in a rush. Being the worried person myself, I called the Avis location to tell them my situation. They told me that they will check their record but also noted that I am responsible for inspecting any damages before leaving the lot. Its not too noticeable but if you look at it you will see it. Pretty much the top plastic part snapped off as circled in red: http://i.imgur.com/pk0hndC.jpg ....

I have reported and I'm off the hook, then great! If not then idk what to do... I paid with my corporate AMEX card. If Avis charges me, I'll will initially dispute it with them. Im not sure if the Credit card protection is only for collisions and etc. If that doesnt work..... Would I be able to use my cc protection?e the car for a few more days but am kinda troubled by this. If Avis sees the damage was already