FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek [Master Thread]
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:23 pm
travellingcari

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by heraclitus
I get that this isn't really a vacation destination, but does this property have any merit at all as a base for a family vacation?

I was originally looking at waterfront condo rentals on VRBO but I have to admit the low SPG rate for this place is tempting. I'm normally fine with somewhat out of date Sheratons, but the bigger question relates to location... is it at all convenient to the beach and other attractions? I'd be willing to put up with a few hassles to save a couple thousand bucks, but I guess the question is whether the sacrifice would be too great.
The pool (link to photo in my post immediately above, on phone & can't link) is nice, but it's not a resort with the attendant activities. It's right off 95 but about a 20m drive to Las Olas & FLL Beach. Likely a bit closer to Lauderdale by the Sea and/or Pompano but not much.

You may save on accommodation, but you'll need a car here while you mostly don't at the beach. Parking was free, I think. It's not where I'd personally stay if I were coming for the beaches