FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is RIC easy to navigate?
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:26 pm
bitburgr

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by injera
I have TSA pre-check, Delta Sky Priority and would not be checking a bag. Airport looks pretty small but that doesnt always mean easy to navigate (looking at you BWI).
It is small and is definitely easy to navigate.
If I land at 945 is it reasonable to expect to be in a cab by 10?
Close to 10a. From the time you leave the secure area, it's 5 minutes ~at most~ and that's if you took a slow walk to ground transportation.
If I rolled up at 515-530 would i still be in good shape to make a 6pm flight?
More than likely, you'd be fine. There are always unknowns, but that's plenty of time at RIC.
Is traffic to RIC bad?
RIC is a ways off the highway, but since you are taking a cab, that will negate the whole rental car return issue. There can be traffic at that last traffic light before you get onto the airport since that's where the gas stations are.

ETA: I just google mapped Dumbarton. It just said 30 minutes with traffic and the red zones seem in-line with my experiences (trying to catch 5p flights) I think you'll be fine leaving as late as 4:30. 64 tends to be busy but it moves. The section where 64 and 95 come together is also busy and the cars are definitely jockeying around. And that last section of 64 before you get to the airport seems less busy than where you will have started.

Last edited by bitburgr; Apr 26, 2016 at 6:00 am