FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mom forced to give up gallons of breast milk at Heathrow
Old Apr 25, 2016, 4:03 pm
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I kind of agree, but....if someone shows up at the checkpoint with a 20-pound bag of alfalfa pellets or potting soil or twelve identical left shoes, that might seem strange to me, but if it isn't a threat, then there's no reason to deny it just because it seems strange. This is the same kind of wandering thinking that leads us to TSOs who clearly have no idea what IRROPS are and who try to analyze how much breast milk/baby food/meds someone should need for a trip.

I suppose it's part of TSA's mission to look more closely at things they don't understand - but ONLY for the purpose of ruling it out as a threat.

"I don't understand why anyone would want to travel with..." is not a valid reason for confiscating something that otherwise complies with the rules (completely frozen liquids, for example).

(Yes, I know this happened in the UK, but it could easily happen in the US and my response would be the same).