FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 45 minute transit @ Doha
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:33 am
theox

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Connection in Doha

Smiley2 - I fly from EDI to middle east and beyond with QR 1-2 times a month - I quite often have 45 min transit - only once have they bumped me off the next flight but they'd already decided that before we were wheels down and somebody was waiting for me.

I'd have to say that transit can be longer than you'd think - it's a big airport, and unless you're premium class or using Al Maha the queues can be big - you're right - the 'rapid transit' wallets mean almost nothing! Over half the people in the airport will have them - however if you're VERY tight for time go to the premium transit lane in the centre and show them your boarding card - hit and miss who you get as to whether they let you through. But as other bloggers say - likelihood is they will be waiting for you on the next flight anyway, as long as you dont take the p*ss with how long you take through the airport!

Another point - there's no passport control on transit just bag screening... but you dont need to take everything out your bags - just pop it in the tray and take everything off your person so that you don't beep and you're done!

But trust me - in Y class with no lounge - 45 mins is WAAAAAY better than any long transit!