FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid SIM - UK/Great Britain/England/Scotland/Wales
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:42 am
JEFFJAGUAR

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
It's a good point. Speaking to that, the iPhone 5 cannot get 4G/LTE on the 800MHz or 2600MHz frequencies so it narrows the field so I will add that.

I also found this resource for checking frequencies supported for mobile phones last night (this shows the data for a Samsung J1 Ace SM-J111F which I just bought): http://www.globalcertificationforum.....html?view=lte and that site may be useful for checking phones out so I will put that in the wiki too as that may help. I normally use gsmarena but that did not have this model.
I haven't gone through the whole thread yet. Perhaps it is in here earlier. But I have found a site...www.willmyphonework.net where you can enter your phone model and the name of a country and an operator in that country and it will give you information on that operator as to whether the phone will work on 2g 3g or 4g. The thing that makes it a bit sticky is that you can have say a samsung mini 5 and there are various sub models.