FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Executive Club Account hacked
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:33 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum Tickleme, it's good to see you here, but less good to see what happened to you. It sounds like a very bad situation for you, and I suspect it will take a few weeks to be resolved. And so long as you were took reasonable precautions with your security, BA will refund the Avios in due course. I hope it doesn't take too long and that you will continue to participate here - which would indeed have forewarned you about this nuisance.

I've worked with someone offline about this, and I'm reasonably confident that BA's security is quite robust. The trouble is that people tend to share passwords between different sites, including sites which don't have much value to hackers so they aren't so secure, but the hackers tend to move on up the value chain. Now I don't know if this applied here, but particularly with BA.com you best have a tough password used only on BA.com and changed regularly.