FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taipei: Which Starwood? [Master thread]
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2016, 5:40 am
huhuhusky

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, BD Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by illico
My parents stayed at Aloft recently and said the included breakfast is ok. It is also near a metro station. But that said, between your choices and wanting to stay on points, I would stay at the Westin, though I don't believe there is a laundry benefit. the 4P is a little out of the way IMO.
I stayed at the Aloft multiple times after it opened, mainly for its location. It is just a few blocks from the freeway entrance that goes straight to the airport. I would be able to leave at 8:30am for a 10am flight (on a Monday morning). Having said that, if you intend to use the rail, then it is another story (although the hotel is less than 10mins from Taipei station or a few MRT stops from it). The hotel is less than 5 minutes walk from the MRT.

However, you have to choose either 250 points or breakfast as your Platinum benefit if you want to use points. The breakfast is fine with made to order eggs, sausage, soup, congee, breads, cold-cuts, juice, coffee machine etc.

I personally think their opening offer rate is a great deal: double starpoints + breakfast included at 4500++ TWD.