FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transportation e- and paper Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:35 pm
MrJBoy

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by rasheed
Umm, so this was an important detail you have not mentioned until now. Remember, when I mentioned that I had this happen once? Yeah, it involved SWUs also.

I am pretty sure that because you made a reservation, applied a voucher and SWUs, it will not ticket on its own based on my own experience. At T-24 before the first flight, you will need to call to get this ticketed I believe. I am not sure if this is just an issue that occurs sometimes or something you can count on that just hasn't been really documented by others in the past (voucher plus SWU might not be very common).

As I mentioned before, there is nada you can do until T-24. At T-24, you call and say that my voucher reservation is not ticketed, please force it as it will definitely not finish on its own and it is time to check-in. And they will put it in a special queue (still can take up to 1-2 hours I remember). You can ask all you want, but agents have been instructed to not force ticketing until T-24. I a not sure this combination is documented as never resulting in an automatic ticketing.

Rasheed
Today 4/25 I noticed mine was ticketed and also I received confirmation email.
SWUs were pulled a while ago during "Pending".
My ticket value is higher than the travel voucher and I confirmed that AA finally charged the difference on my credit card.
However, my travel companion's is still "Pending".
Booking dates, departure date, mailing travel vouchers are all the same. Only the difference is his ticket value is lower than his travel vouchers, so no credit card information attached to his reservation.
His SWUs were already pulled a while ago, so he hopes to get ticketed soon...
By the way our very first flight will depart on 6/2, so I didn't wait that long which is good