FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry vs. Mobile Passport App vs. APC
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:20 pm
Kensterfly

If you use the mobile app can you still use the GE customs
Exit line?

Originally Posted by petes
.. I've used mobile passport twice now since its been in use despite having global entry. Both times there were lines for the GE kiosk (although not terribly long) but no line at all to use the special lane for mobile passport. I think my strategy for now is to transmit my mobile passport when I land, and then if there is a line for the mobile passport lane go see if the kiosk is less. Chicago for example often seems to have lines for the GE kiosks.

I am guessing as it becomes more popular though lines may start to form for mobile passport, but for now its seems to be better (and free, now if I could only get a refund for GE!).

By the way, on a different related topic, if you live near the Canada border you are better off getting a Nexus card (only $50) which you get at the US/Canada border. Once you have that, you can then get G.E. for free with a simple online application, no other interview required. So in my case my G.E. was $50, not $100....