FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going to Canada for the first time!
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:00 pm
mvtm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Going to Canada for the first time!

Hi guys,

This is one of the trips i've been wanting to make in a long time. Somehow travel winds never have taken me to Canuck territory but i am finally making one of the trips i've looked the most to do.

Yesterday i finalized booking my tickets, and i need a little help in terms of recommendations to how many days to stay in each city, desired areas to stay for tourism, and provide affordable recommendations on transportation between each city. Any help, recommendation would be strongly appreciated.

Here is how my Itinerary looks:

July 12: MIA-YYZ
July 26: YYZ-MIA

I suppose that by judging the map, i should go Toronto>>Ottawa>>Montreal>>Quebec City and back. I want to do Toronto,Ottawa,Montreal in that time frame, and probably Quebec City as it seems close to Montreal. Currently i am stuck in the planning as i don't know how many days to allocate to each city, how to transport from one city to the other (with luggage, 2 checked bags at most, probably we will just carry 1 checked bag if recommended). We are 3: Mom,Dad & Me. And good areas to stay in each city that we do not have to walk a lot.

I don't know if it's worth/viable to rent a car in Toronto... and drive myself to these cities, or just buy some Megabus tickets to get from one to the other. I'm skipping Vancouver altogether because of time constraints. I'll visit in another time arranging specially a trip to BC. Right now, i want to do what's closest/easier.

Well, to start planning first i need to establish how many days would be advisable to stay in each place given my travel frame. If any Canadian/ seasoned Canada FTer can provide with tips that would be wonderful.