FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Economy
Thread: Premium Economy
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:16 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by steveben53
It certainly is food for thought and what is also worth while considering is going on an emirates flight - going out Economy, on an A380 and coming back in Business - this is only £1200
personally i think that's a no-brainer win for CX PEY, no? Same price, 2 flights (nonstop) vs 4 (connecting), and you'd still be stuck in Y class for 2/4 flights if you chose EK. Unless you have status on EK or something that makes the Y experience better. Not to mention, your ex-LHR flight(s) will cross a nighttime, so you'll be sleeping in Y class.

Try a search around here for some PEY reviews. Or maybe other regular fliers will chime in. I've sat in the seat extensively for regional flights, and I prefer it to the (poor) regional J business class CX recently installed fleetwide. The PEY seat is far more comfortable for lounging, fwiw. Although it's not really a meaningful comparison for CX, since the two products are never on the same plane together. But just for some perspective. It's not a regular economy seat.