FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Around the Pacific: HK/Thailand/Oz in UA GF/BF & TG F
Old Apr 23, 2016, 6:49 pm
JVPhoto

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
QANTAS Y SYD-BNE

This was actually my first time flying QF out of SYD. On my past trips I had flown Virgin to BNE and then QF from BNE-MEL. So at least I got to check out a different terminal.
Pretty slow Monday at the airport.

Bag tagging was easy. Even though one of my bags was 1.3 kg over the limit it didn't charge me. My other small duffel presented some trouble. It needed to go in a tray but the screen prompt at the belt wouldn't progress past that so needed wait 2 min for an agent to finish helping someone else.

I managed to get the last breakfast item from Cafe Nero or Bistro Roma or whatever the hell its called. The lady made it seem like she was doing me such a favor at 10:30 for letting me order item off the menu that ends at 10:30. Way too much salt.

Poked around for a bit.

Seconds before this a 2nd UA Dreamliner took off in between its sister and the SQ 50th Anniv A380 livery. I will say it's sad not seeing the UA 747s at SYD. I feel they don't stand out now when next to the other big boys.

Quick to board. Always the fear that my 10kg backpack is going to get weighed for the 7kg limit. It's not big, it's just dense with camera gear.

A hot lunch snack.

I didn't open or use the cutlery pack but pissed me off the FAs threw it away instead of saving it to re-use.

Nice at BNE you deplane from both ends. If you're in the middle it's kind of a draw.

Got to peep a vintage livery on the way to bags. IIRC I saw the same livery in this spot either coming/going from BNE last year at this time.