FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions about greyhound
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2016, 6:09 pm
CKA1

My Memory

I do not think that Greyhound requires a DL to board. After all, people are taking Greyhound because they cannot or don't wish to drive. That includes people who cannot legally hold a license (ie DUI), who are foreigners and don't have a license or people who simply prefer to take an intercity bus as opposed to driving and parking. In my situation, I choose to use a Greyhound bus for the exact reason that I prefer not to drive sometimes.

What exactly are you asking? Does your BF intend to pick up the tickets? In my case, I need to show the CC I've used to pick up the tickets. If he is the one boarding the bus, I am certain his birth certificate or any government issued ID is okay.

If the BF is a minor, he must identify himself to the driver and must follow certain rules, such as sitting in a certain section of the bus. I've also got on buses where they don't even ask for ID. Minors travel all the time, and it's not a big deal. If you are using a debit card to pay, it should not be a problem.

I fail to see why you need to have a password. If you think there will be trouble, go with your BF to the station and make sure he's able to get the tickets.

Chuck

Last edited by CKA1; Apr 23, 2016 at 6:27 pm