FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX AA T-4 - TBIT secure airside connector (open Feb 2016)
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:33 pm
bzcat

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Microwave
For some reason I had it in my head that the TBIT connector was both an airside departures connection as well as a pathway from T4 inbound international flights to reach TBIT FIS formalities... Did I just make that up?
There are "3 connectors" if you will... perhaps we should put this in the wiki because I think I explained it 3 or 4 times already

1. Existing underground sterile tunnel from T4 to TBIT to facilitate int'l arrivals at T4 using TBIT immigration and custom. This tunnel was temporarily closed while the T4-TBIT connector building was under construction.

2. T4-TBIT secured (i.e. airside) passage in the upper floor of the connector building. This allows free passage between T4 and TBIT behind security.

3. T4-TBIT "non-secured" (i.e. landside) area in the lower floor of the connector building. This allows arriving TBIT int'l passengers to re-enter secured area to access T4 or the bus gates.

#1 is opened again now construction above it is completed.

#2 is open for business.

#3 is not yet open.