FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:02 pm
pokee

Originally Posted by little_dc
Update- The hotel did make things right after I emailed them. I was called by the acting GM and he ensured me the rooms we had were due for a heavy clean and it was clear there we some issues. He was clearly worried about these issues. He also told me he would look into the services for Maiki.
Your comments on this hotel and the Makai experience were bang on. I think it's clear that the food issue at this hotel is a big one, as well (One of the bigger issues highlighted in my TripAdvisor review was the $6.50 muffin at the Waikoloa Coffee Company...that's almost as bad as the $9 lettuce you got).

It's such a shame that it's managed so poorly...it's such a beautiful property, and could be so much more. On the plus side, we did always manage to get towels and chairs in the Makai area at the Lagoon Pool when we stayed in mid-March. Our kids loved the pools and slides and it was really the only saving grace for this place. It was also not very crowded (even at spring break). Now I know why...