FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:28 pm
Michael19887

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
We are 8 days away from beginning the journey to the Conrad Maldives. We had Ithaa on our list. Neither of us scuba dive but we do snorkel. As this is a "bucket list" trip - we would like to do Ithaa but thinking (at least for optimal viewing), lunch would be better than dinner. I know we are paying a HUGE surcharge for the experience - but the thought has crossed my mind that, so long as we are paying a ransom for lunch, why not pay the king's ransom for dinner since the menu is certainly more extensive (we are both foodies). What would you guys suggest?
I would recommend dinner. It cost us slightly over $1,000 for two, but we felt it was worth it. The food and menu were good, and they'll also customize the courses to your liking if there is anything on the set menu you aren't thrilled about. You'll have plenty of time down there when they feed the fish with a lot of sun light to watch and take pictures, and it adds to the experience that the sun sets during the meal and the restaurant gets dark. The meal lasted 3 hours. Given that its a "bucket list" trip, I would go for it. We didn't have any regrets and felt the experience and food were worth the cost.